Gordon Myers

Articles on Life, Truth, Love, Computers, and Music

The Ten-Egg Challenge: Part 2

Day 2: Sunny Side Up

I'm continuing on with my Ten-egg Challenge with what is probably the most basic of all egg styles: sunny side up. But despite its ease to make, this is another style that, prior to today, I had never made before! And as I understand it, this style provides the foundation for a number of other styles I'll be trying out. Here's the completed egg:

Sunny Side Up

To make this type of egg, you will need:

• A frying pan,
  • A little bit of butter,
  • A spatula, and
  • An egg

Grease the pan with butter - I actually used copious amounts of butter here, but that's not so bad - and heat it up on a medium heat, making sure the butter gets spread on the whole pan. Then just crack the egg and drop it in!

Sunny Side Up

It doesn't take very long to cook an egg sunny side up, so you have to watch it carefully. I've heard that certain restaurants actually refuse to serve eggs this way because, of all the different styles, this borders the closest to serving raw egg. Of course you can leave it in the pan for longer to ensure it gets cooked better, but then there's also the risk of burning it on the bottom. On my very first try, it turned out perfectly. It wasn't too hot or too cold like the big or mid-sized bears, but cooked "just right," as Goldilocks says. It almost wasn't, though! At one point when I thought it looked ready, I softly touched the yolk and, lo and behold, it was still cold. Thankfully it's not rocket science, and obviously a cold yolk is not going to be something you'd want to eat. So... I let it continue cooking for another minute or two, before sliding it out of the pan with a spatula.

Sunny Side Up

The results? Decent - but not my favorite. Not by a long shot. The egg whites were good, the yolk was nice and runny (but still cooked), and I added salt, as usual, because I like salt a lot. But I don't think I'll be ordering sunny side up eggs nor making them for myself any time soon. I'm giving this style the lowest score of all: 1 out of 10. It was edible but it didn't wow me. Still, now if someone else were to ask me to make sunny side up eggs for them, I would be able to comply and not look like a fool in the process! And that is a good thing; it's good to be prepared.

I made this egg this evening, just before writing this post and just after enjoying a chicken dinner. So I wonder if my disinclination to really get into this style was just the protest of the egg's mother on my taste buds? Honestly, it probably could have been improved if I knew anything about seasoning. But anyways, I've now successfully eliminated vegetarians from my blog readership! Mission accomplished. Tune in tomorrow to see which kind of egg I cook next. And I promise I'll start fulfilling the sub title of this blog soon by actually blogging about things other than food.

9 Comments from the Community:

1 Luka Ebersbacher on 3 Dec 2012 at 11:07 am

Long.

2 KRenoseS on 16 Jan 2020 at 6:39 pm

Our experts are are going to promptly and also properly create a manufacturer's warranty High-end restoration New York.

Our team continuously preserve and also improve the warehouse of extra parts and service information for functional repair and also upkeep.

Likewise in our provider, you can easily get customized shower room narcissisms, apartment renovation on the very best conditions. Along with us, Interior renovations Manhattan, as well as High-end makeover manhattan, are going to end up being simple, high quality and also fast.

This comment is awaiting moderation.

3 bathroomjed on 30 Jan 2020 at 5:08 pm

We are will rapidly and successfully produce a warranty Premium remodelling manhattan.

We regularly preserve as well as upgrade the storehouse of extra parts and also service paperwork for operational repair and also upkeep.

Also in our firm, you can purchase personalized restroom vanities, retail interior decoration on the very best problems. With us, Inside remodellings Manhattan and along with Premium restoration manhattan, will certainly Hospitality interior design become straightforward, high quality as well as quickly.

This comment is awaiting moderation.

4 Mixmut on 23 Feb 2020 at 9:06 am

hi guys :). I am looking for help for me and my girl. i am from France

This comment is awaiting moderation.

5 Pridetdw on 28 Feb 2020 at 10:57 pm

Free online word to pdf and pdf to word converter.

This online PDF converter software can transform PDF documents to editable documents in Microsoft Word Doc format, which can provide higher quality than many other converters. When you use from PDF to Word you will conquer all the difficulties, and, it's Free.

Hi there, I like your forum, just to share some handy tool websites which might help.

Youtube to mp4 downloader

Mp3 Youtube

Youtube video downloader

Youtube to mp3 Converter

Y2mate

Youtube to mp3

online video enhancer

This comment is awaiting moderation.

6 Victorobets on 15 Mar 2020 at 3:27 am

I have a company is a reliable service and residential construction contractors business: <span style="color:#000">kitchen remodeling contractors in Sun City Arizona</span> my wife and I are really happy having found your web page, it is really everything my buddies and I were searching in search of. The up to date info here on the this site - beneficial and specialized and will assist my family and friends a ton. Looks like forum has incredible amounts of detailed knowledge about the stuff I am interested in and categories of topics and information definitely can be seen. I'm not typically on the net during the day so as my kids and I get a chance We're most of the time scouring this sort of knowledge or others closely related to it. We have three of my relatives that picked up a liking in this info because of what I have discovered about the information on this site and they will more than likely going to be visiting the web site for the reason that it is such an unbelievable treasure. We're also facsinated with in Technology and how to deal with the complex turns and twists in government w'ell make sure to spread the word. also if you wants some like <span style="color:#000">sedona web design</span>

This comment is awaiting moderation.

7 getusavax on 28 Mar 2020 at 2:01 am

gordon-myers.com xanax 2mg bars for salezc 16 xanax xanax 30mg should i take xanax before surgerytranax vs xanax

This comment is awaiting moderation.

8 Steveequah on 31 Mar 2020 at 3:26 am

General service provider New York

The function of General building manhattan is actually to transfer to the customer the entire establishment in its entirety, as well as certainly not such as independently conducted work. Of specific usefulness is the function of the standard service provider during the massive building and construction of apartment buildings of residential style, industrial complexes, industrial centers.

general construction ny;
Industrial structures.

Today, the checklist of development services consists of different corporate interior decoration. An client and a client can spend a bunch of time-solving on all business issues. A even more reasonable option is to entrust this part to General building NY.

This comment is awaiting moderation.

9 labedroomCon on 28 May 2020 at 6:41 pm

Bedroom losangeles
Come in outstanding store in Jefferson Park production for office and home use and cafe! presents over 12000 appointment furniture and goods for a country house and apartments or restaurant. Natural rattan , are used for the purposes of production our branded products , possesses strength and wear resistance, wonderful external data. All furniture processed special compounds, due to which their surface does not absorb water, stable to extremes ambient temperature air and exposure of the sun. Vya our furniture excellent retains its functions even in restaurant in open spaces . In the presented online catalog you offered photos furniture for dining room, hall, bedroom, children's room , as well as intended for organization of storage area - dressers and cabinets, cabinets and others . In our store in Fairfax you can buy everything for any your home not expensive . We invite client come to store , holding in Westwood what cares about its shopper.

This comment is awaiting moderation.